- Molding Supervisor/Operator
- All those who work on molding equipment.
- Molding Supervisor/ Operator
- Molder operators
- Molder assistant
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates molder to plane, shape, and groove wood stock.
- Reads work ticket and examine pattern shape to determine molder setup procedures and type of wood stock to be cut.
- Selects and installs cutting heads on machine according to the pattern to be cut and inserts and bolts specified knives in slots of cutter heads already in the machine, using wrenches and gauges.
- Positions pattern on molder and turns handwheel to adjust cutting knives flush with the pattern.
- Removes pattern and turns handwheel to adjust guides, pressure bars, and table levels according to depth, the position of cuts, and stock dimensions.
- Starts machine, places stock on the feed table, and turns handwheels to press feed rollers against the stock for feeding stock through the machine; or inserts stock into the hopper of automatic feed mechanism that carries stock through the machine.
- Inspects stock being cut to determine defects.
- Verifies dimensions of cut material, using gauges, rules, or caliper.
- Provides quality control for the finished products following AWI quality guidelines.
- Reads and interprets drawings to manufacture moldings accordingly.
- Helps with setup and grinding of knives when needed
- Maintains molding room equipment as required.
- Keeps tooling neat and organized and in good condition
- Must Know the Difference between molding profiles and T&G Products.
- Be able to work 40 hours a week plus overtime
- Assign helper duties to aid in the streamlined production of wood molding
- Make sure the assigned helper stays busy at all times. If they’re not stacking wood, they need to be cleaning.
- If a helper is not busy catching wood from the molder, they must be cleaning or performing some other function.
- Makes sure helper takes only allotted amount of break time
- Be responsible for checking on wood for molder order and reporting any lags in production to the supervisor.
We’ll be implementing this system in our company over the next few years.
It is your responsibility to become familiar with it.
Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) is a strategy where employees at all levels of a company work together proactively to achieve regular, incremental improvements to the manufacturing process. In a sense, it combines the collective talents within a company to create a powerful engine for improvement
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Preferred Education and Skills (in addition to the required):
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working in the architectural millwork industry
- Experience working with a molder.
Required Education and Skills:
- Strong desire to develop a career in the Architectural Millwork industry
- Ability to follow instructions and take initiative when necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
Phillips Forest Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Veterans, Females, Minorities, and Disabled applicants are encouraged to apply.
MUST MAINTAIN GOOD WORKING RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER EMPLOYEES
MUST MAINTAIN OPEN CONVERSATION WITH THE YARD MANAGER AND YARD LIEUTENANT
Benefits and Compensation of Molding Supervisor/ Operator:
Employer offers a comprehensive total rewards package, which includes competitive compensation with a pay-for-performance philosophy, benefits, and other programs designed to support their associates and meet their needs.
If you invest your time and talents in the company, The Historic Phillips Forest Products will invest in you.
Phillips Forest Products is a Texas historic business in operation for over sixty years. We’re known for some of the highest quality architectural millwork in the United States. We’re growing and we’re looking for no-nonsense, non-ego-centric, team players to grow with us. This position is a long-term position with the potential to develop into a higher supervisory role within a decade.
We are looking for a hard-working individual with good attention to detail and a strong desire to be in the woodworking industry. Previous experience working with wood products as a molder operator is preferred. Qualified candidates must have the ability to read prints, work unsupervised and complete work in a timely fashion.