Job title: Kiln Dried Lumber Supervisor
- Yard Lieutenant
- Yard Manager
Subordinates: All those who work in kiln-dried lumber building.
The primary job of the Kiln Dried Lumber Supervisor is to inventory kiln-dried lumber in the shed, pull kiln-dried lumber for orders and have them sent to production, and input all kiln-dried lumber into the building.
Those who work on in the kiln-dried building pulling lumber and running the forklift
The Kiln Dried Lumber Supervisor takes direct orders from the yard manager and yard lieutenant and makes sure his/ her orders are executed in a timely fashion.
You are not to discuss orders with anyone but the Yard Lieutenant and the Yard Manager.
- Pulling kiln-dried lumber for orders and grader:
- All orders must be pulled in a timely fashion.
- If the wood is not there for the order, this must be brought to the attention of the yard manager immediately.
- All orders pulled must be removed from inventory immediately.
- All orders sent to production must be updated immediately in the production management software.
- Lumber being brought in:
- All lumber must be checked for correct moisture.
- All lumber must be inventoried immediately.
- The forklift in the kiln-dried building is your responsibility.
- Keep it clean, fueled, and in working order.
- If any issues come up with the fork, report them immediately to the Yard Manager.
- Management of employees in the kiln-dried lumber building:
- Report all employee issues immediately to the Yard Manager.
- Make sure all employees follow safety protocols.
- All employees must remain busy at all times, we don’t pay for talk.
- If not pulling lumber, your workers can be cleaning, sweeping, and organizing inside and around outside of the building.
- Inventory and organization:
- Inventory of all lumber must be kept up to date at all times.
- We’ll be switching to a digital system, you’ll be required to learn that system.
- The building must be kept in order according to the map supplied to you by management.
- All lumber will be accounted for, have a designated space, and be kept in rows painted on the floor.
- All orders sent to production as so in our production management system.
- Working relationships and communication:
- Must maintain good working relationships with other employees.
- Must maintain open conversation with the Yard Manager and Yard Lieutenant.