Sawmill Fork Lift Operator
- Sawmill Yard Lieutenant
- Sawmill Manager
- All those who assist with the forklift.
- All lumber stackers
- Anyone who helps the fork driver load or unload
Traits/ Skills Required:
- Proven experience as forklift operator
- Attention to detail and familiarity with industrial equipment
- Excellent physical condition and coordination
- Must be able to use a tap measure / calculator / and simple math skills
- Works well with others and has a good attitude and eager to learn.
The primary job of the FORK LIFT OPERATOR is to oversee loading and unloading of all outgoing and incoming loads, and to oversee the maintenance of the fork lift.
Orders, Inventory, and organization
- Communicate with Sawyer/Yard Manager/office pertaining to orders being cut and orders being picked up or delivered for that day.
- Count all completed orders, if the count is correct, notify the Sawmill Manager immediately for shipping.
- Pull all orders in a timely fashion
- All orders must be stacked and organized for maximum efficiency
- We’ll be switching to a digital system in the future, you’ll be required to learn that system.
- You must tag ALL orders with the following:
- Date complete
- Count and species of the order.
- Make sure all bundles are banded and safely stacked
- Make sure all bundles are stacked in their correct location
- Maintain two locations for lumber/ beams:
- Wood to be milled next
- It’s your job to make sure the yard is clean and orderly.
- Dumping the mulch truck when full.
- Check all fluid every morning
- Check tire pressure on all tires every morning
- Oil and grease all necessary parts as needed
- Make sure air filters are clean every morning
- Report any fork issues to your supervisor IMMEDIATELY
- Be aware of your surroundings for tire damaging objects.
- After one blown tire due to failure to observe any tire penetrating objects, you will be responsible for all tire damaged thereafter.
- MUST MAINTAIN GOOD WORKING RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER EMPLOYEES
- MUST BE ABLE TO DISCIPLINE THOSE WHO WORK UNDER YOU IN A FAIR MANNER
- THIS INCLUDE WRITING THEM UP FOR VIOLATING COMPANY POLICIES, YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO DO THAT.
- MUST BE ABLE KEEP ISSUES WITH EMPLOYEES PRIVATE
- MUST BE ABLE TO KEEP PAYRATE PRIVATE
Phillips Forest Products is a Texas historic business in operation for over sixty years. We’re known for the some of the highest quality architectural millwork in the United States. We’re growing and we’re looking for no nonsense, non-ego centric, team players to grow with us. This position is a long-term position with potential to develop into a higher supervisory role within a decade.
We are looking for hard-working individuals with a good attention to detail and a strong desire to be in the wood working industry. Previous experience working with wood products as a and managing people is preferred. Qualified candidates must have the ability to read prints, work unsupervised and complete work in a timely fashion.
If you invest your time and talents in the company, The Historic Phillips Forest Products will invest in you.